Freud > User has taken an interest in their mother
Harassment > User keeps licking finger and touching me
Land > Encroachment > User won’t stay on their side of the car
Someone obviously has a sense of humor. Hmm, I wonder what would happen if I file one of these choices.
I’ve been on an 80′s theme lately, so it continues. The other day I was thinking about values, and how it seems as if the thing that most people value these days is money, and the stuff money can buy. The value is no longer the human spirit, the value is no longer the depth and quality of our relationships, and our legacy; but rather the size of the bank account, the cars, the houses, the big screen TV’s. All that money wants.
But remember, it’s how you treat other people that matters, or at least it should be. Maybe someday we will begin to reassess our values.
People fade and I forget you
I hear footsteps I see faces
But it all means nothing to me
All that money wants
1. Realize that Second Life (SL) the “YouTube” of the 3d virtual experience. Maybe if it were treated as such, it would grow. SL is not a video game. SL is not an enterprise appliance. It is an engine, in the same way that YouTube is an engine. So…
2. Realize that content creators are there to drive the engine, and consumers of our content are there to bring life and vitality to the engine. Again, look at YouTube as a model.
3. Realize that SL users are a wide and varied group, ranging from professional content creators to artists to hobbyists to role-players to gamers to chatters and everything else in between. Bottom line, the users create the experience.
4. Realize that marketing matters. Don’t shy away from Second Life. Promote! Promote! Promote!
5. Re-open the JIRA to the user base. Who thought it would be a good idea to remove user input into this process?
6. Fix the land problems, whether it be caused by high tier prices, the cannibalization of the Marketplace, the mess called Linden Homes, or whatever it is.
7. Fix communications. Example: the tax filing things going on with merchants. It’s confusing to us and LL is doing very little to assist us through the process.
8. Listen to your user base. See #1 and #4 above, and please work towards that.
9. If content creators make money, LL will make money. For better or worse, we are in this together. We want to succeed and we want you to succeed. There is still a chance to save SL from going into a downward spiral, so let’s make it a success.
10. LL have a potential goldmine in SL as it offers a full range of experience to users. Keep improving the engine, work with your community, and let’s reinvigorate this place.
Thanks and best of luck to the new CEO!
This is from the Mekons and is called Ghosts of American Astronauts.
Self portrait of me (Allison Selene) wearing Alli&Ali Valenka Hair. Inspiration for the this pic comes from the Black & White Portrait Challenge at strawberrysingh.com/2014/02/03/black-white-portrait-chall…
This week is another song from OMD, because, well because I feel like it. This is called Night Café and is off of their most recent album English Electric.
The other evening I pulled a card for a friend who seemed rather troubled. The card that came up was the Seven of Swords. The person was having a difficult time because someone had been stealing the persons credit card and using it. The Seven of Swords confirmed this.
The Seven of Swords typically shows us an image of someone with seven swords, usually sneaking away with the swords. It suggests a situation exactly like my friend is experiencing. It can often mean that someone has intruded into our personal space, and can range from things such as gossip all the way to actual theft.
The specific meanings in each situation really depend on the surrounding cards. If you have the suit of coins surrounding this card, the cards are warning you to be vigilant about some sort of theft of valuables or money. If surrounded by the suit of cups, it may indicate theft of a romantic nature. As always, context is vital in a reading.
That said, if you do get this card in a reading, it is important to refrain from panic or worry, as either can further undermine you. Instead, ground yourself, find out the facts, and confront the situation, whatever it may be. Remember, the swords are the area of communication, so it is important to communicate with facts, with grounding, which result in a strong position.
The Seven of Swords corresponds to the Seven of Spades in traditional playing cards. In numerology the number it corresponds to the number 7, which connotes a spiritual component. Swords correspond to thought and communication, the element of air, the direction east, clarity, words, and language.
I’ve received a few questions asking how you determine what part of your life the Seven of Swords might be affecting you if it comes up in a reading. One method of determining the answer is to ask the Tarot to show you where the seven is having an affect, and then select another card. Here is a rough chart:
These aren’t all the possibilities, but should help you get a start on what specific areas are at risk.
Because I ended the week posting about the Tarot card the Ten of Swords, the following song seems appropriate. It’s called Messages, and is from 1980 by the band Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark.
Remember to always choose your words wisely…
“But memories are uncertain friends
When recalled by messages”